TERMS AND CONDITIONS
KILT Clothing Ltd is a New Zealand owned and operated company with all of our garments made in New Zealand.
This agreement is between you (the customer or site user) and KILT Clothing Ltd.
Design Room/Head Office
7 Cadbury Road
The terms and conditions under which you may purchase products from www.kiltonline.co.nz set out below. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before placing your order with KILT. By completing the customer application process and using www.kiltonline.co.nz you acknowledge that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- The Agreement
- Purchase orders and delivery of goods
- Risk and title
- Price of goods and payment
- Intellectual property rights
- Notification of changes
This agreement is between you (the ‘customer’ or site user) and KILT Clothing Ltd, once an order is received by KILT we have no obligation to sell, supply or complete the order to you until it has been accepted by our management team. Each individual order is considered a separate agreement; each order will be accepted by KILT Clothing Ltd at our absolute discretion.
10% off online sale - 4th March 2020 ONLY
Please note the code NZMM20 must be used at checkout for the discount to apply. Discount is not given for gift vouchers, bridesmaids dresses or KILT Kit. KILT cash cannot be used with your discount.
Social Media giveaways
Competitions run over Instagram and Facebook. Follow @kiltclothing on either platform, comment on why you should win and tag your friends to be in to win. Competitions close as per post information and winner contacted directly. Competition is open to NZ residents only. Winner must respond within 3 working days or a new winner will be drawn.
purchase orders and delivery of goods
You will place an order with KILT Clothing Ltd by selecting goods, entering your personal and payment details and pressing the "submit" button. Anyone at the delivery address who receives the goods shall be presumed by KILT Clothing Ltd, to be authorised to receive the goods on your behalf.
(a) to the person who placed the order, or
(b) if there is no-one at the delivery address at time of delivery you will need to make alternate arrangements regarding a suitable time with the carrier. You may be required to pay an additional fee. Deliveries will occur between 7.00am-6pm Monday to Friday. Exact times cannot be given.
Delivery charges cover packaging, delivery and insurance for National and packaging and delivery for International. If you require insurance for International deliveries please email email@example.com or +64 6 843 0011 within 3 days of receiving your goods to request an Online Return/Exchange form.
Goods in saleable condition with original tags attached may be exchanged for another size or for a store credit when accompanied by the original receipt, and online return form. After 14 days sales are final. All sale items and phone orders are final upon purchase. You are responsible for all return shipping costs and any duties (other than faulty items deemed by KILT Clothing Ltd). KILT Clothing Ltd will not be held responsible for any items we do not ship ourselves, and strongly recommend a tracking number if returning goods.
price of goods and payment
The price you are required to pay for the goods is the price specified on the site and is in New Zealand Dollars (NZD). You are required to pay any additional shipping charges and taxes that may be required by the country you are receiving goods to outside of what is outlined in our shipping charges, payment of these taxes or charges may be required to release your goods from Customs, we suggest you check with your local customs office if you are unsure prior to purchase. We reserve the right to refuse purchase of products at any time. We will always endeavor to be as accurate as possible, however, we are unable to warrant the product descriptions, prices or any other content will be error free at all times, and reserve the right to make changes after a purchase has been made and notify you of this change as soon as possible. You shall pay for the goods at the time you order by Debit card, Mastercard or Visa.
KILT Clothing Ltd will send out all goods ordered in the most suitable package we believe for the items purchased. Care labels will appear on all garments and should be followed strictly.
You may not use the KILT Clothing Ltd. site for any other purpose than that of purchasing goods from and/or using it to be informed of products and services.
intellectual property rights
You acknowledge that KILT Clothing Ltd own or are licensed to use all intellectual property rights in KILT (including, but not limited to, any images, photographs or text which appears on the website). You agree that you will make no representation to the contrary, and that you must not use or copy KILT in any manner which is inconsistent with the rights of the owner or licensee of such intellectual property rights.
You acknowledge that any trademarks or logos which appear on the KILT website are owned by or licensed to KILT, and that you must not do anything to prejudice the rights of the trade mark owner or licensee to such trademarks or logos.
Please refer to our privacy and security policy. You are issued with a login and password when you sign up to the KILT Online Boutique. This is considered your responsibility and KILT Clothing Ltd does not take any responsibility if an unauthorized person uses your password.
notification of changes
KILT Clothing Ltd may add to, delete, or otherwise change any of the terms of this agreement. Your use of the KILT Clothing Ltd service will constitute your deemed acceptance of such changes.
kilt layby terms
- A 20% deposit is required on all laybys.
- You will have four weeks to make final payment in full.
- If your layby is cancelled a $20.00 administration fee will be kept by KILT.
- Once the layby is overdue after four weeks, you will be advised either by phone or email as a reminder to pop in to collect your layby.
- Layby cannot be used in conjunction with any sale purchases (this is also the same for laybuy.com)
SAMPLE, SECONDS, SALE
- Please select very carefully as there will be no returns, exchanges or refunds for sale, sample and seconds stock.
- Sorry no holds, no laybys and no KILT cash given.
- KILT Loyalty Rewards cannot be used and will not be earned at our Sample, Seconds, Sale boutique.
- Birthday Gift earrings cannot be collected at our Sample, Seconds, Sale boutique.
- Birthday gift must be claimed in store, no purchase required, simply share your birthday news with our KILTies and they will give you your gift (you must be an existing KILTie). Offer valid during your birthday month only, one gift per KILTie only. Photo ID may be required.
- Online shoppers will receive their birthday gift with a purchase if purchase is made in birthday month and birthday code is entered at checkout.
KILT LOYALTY REWARDS
KILT Loyalty Rewards are able to be redeemed online and at our all of our Boutiques. The discount is valid for three months from the date of issue. KILT Loyalty Rewards are valid on Women's clothing purchases of $50 or more (excludes footwear, accessories, Gift Vouchers, KILT Kit, KILT Bridesmaids and KILT baby) and are collected from full price garments only (excludes all and any sales). This is applied to the Customer Code and is non-transferable. It may not be exchanged for cash. No change given. KILT Loyalty Rewards may not be used on new or existing laybys or on sale stock. If issued incorrectly KILT reserves the right to void.
GIFT VOUCHERS & CREDIT VOUCHERS
Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the issue date. Vouchers can be redeemed online and in boutiques in full or for part of a payment. Vouchers must be presented when used at a physical KILT boutique. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash, credit and no change will be given.
NZ MADE MARCH
Any online order discounts offered during this time exclude the use of KILT Cash and the payment option of laybuy. If either of these are used, you will be contacted with the option of paying the additional amount or receiving a full refund but your order will not be processed. Any order discount would also not be applicable to KILT Kit, KILT Bridesmaids or Gift Vouchers.
All entries to win through NZ Made March must be completed via Facebook or Instagram. A winner will be selected within 3 working days of the specified closing date. Winners will be notified on either Facebook or Instagram and given 48 hours to reply to their private message to claim their prize - if this is not done the prize will be awarded to a new winner. KILT is not responsible for any problems regarding courier issues as prizes are being sent direct from suppliers.
bridesmaid collection terms & conditions
Ordering - Payment - Timeframe:
- Before placing an order online, please ensure you have sighted our colour swatches in person, not by looking online; this is due to different screens showing colours differently. Any orders where swatches have not been sighted in person, will not be processed.
- When you place your order online, select the
style and sizing from the ordering page and in the Order Notes at Checkout,
tell us the colour you have chosen from swatches you received. Please
note there is a minimum of 2 dresses in the same fabric required.
- If you would like the selected style as a Maxi Version or Shorter Version, please add the relevant charges to your shopping cart. This is the same for any sizing grades (outside of our existing range of 6-16). Please note which size/style this relates to in the Order Notes at Checkout.
- Please allow at least 6-8 weeks production time from confirmation of your order. We will confirm when your order will be available on confirmation of your order.
- Any changes to the order must be made in writing within 2 working days of the order being placed.
Styles - Fabric - Alterations:
- Styles are made as per a standard set pattern and specification determined by the KILT standard size range (6-16). Measurements of these sizes are made available online and we suggest matching your bridesmaids measurements to the closest match.
- A Pattern Grading Fee of $30 per dress altered will apply for any sizes outside of our existing size range (6-16). This must be specified at the time of ordering in the Order Notes at Checkout.
- Not all styles are available as a Maxi or Shorter Version - it is specified in the product details on if this is an option. A fee of $30 per dress altered will apply. This must be specified at the time of ordering in the Order Notes at Checkout.
- Fabric is subject to availability at the time of order.
- The fabrics chosen have been tested and fitted to our patterns.
- If you require alternative fabric options, please enquire! However, we will not make dresses from fabric supplied by the bride or bridal party.
- Length alterations can be offered at the time an order is placed, this may incur additional costs.
- The styles offered cannot be made to specific customer measurements, any alterations are the responsibility of the customer after final delivery.
- All KILT designs are protected by copyright.
Cancellations - Returns:
- Garments made to order cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged.
- Orders made to order will not be processed unless colour swatches have physically been sighted, to avoid disappointment.
- Customers are to check the final quality of their garments at the time of collection and sign the form to agree that the goods are in a satisfactory condition.
- Any claims to faulty workmanship or failure of quality must be raised to KILT at the earliest possibility so KILT have the opportunity to inspect and repair the goods to a quality standard.
- There is a "no cancellation” policy as these are made to order garments and it is advised that you choose carefully.
kilt kit terms & conditions
Ordering - Payment - Timeframe:
- When you place your order, please tell us the size and quantities required for all your staff - please also consider future growth of your company as we will not be able to guarantee fabric availability for the future.
- There is a minimum order of 10 per garment in the same material. This is due to our manufacturing requirements.
- A 50% deposit is required to secure & confirm the order.
- The final delivery date will be provided in writing upon confirmation of the order, within 5 working days of the order being received.
- When you place your order, please let us know who to make the invoice out to.
- We will need payment prior to any sampling or ordering of fabric.
- Production will commence on approval of sample.
- The balance will be invoiced to you on completion of the order.This will have a standard term, due for payment on the 20th of the month after issue.
- Any changes to the order must be made in writing within 2 working days of the order being placed.
Styles - Fabric - Alterations:
Styles are made as per a standard set pattern and specification determined by the KILT standard size range.
Fabric is subject to availability at the time of order.
The fabrics chosen have been tested and fitted to our patterns. If you require alternative fabrics please enquire.
Alterations to a pattern will incur additional costs.
The styles offered cannot be made to specific customer measurements, any alterations are the responsibility of the customer after final delivery.
Cancellations - Returns:
Garments made to order cannot be returned, refunded or exchanged.
Once material has been purchased for your order your deposit will not be refunded.
Customers are to check the final quality of their KILT kit at the time of collection and sign the form to agree that the goods are in a satisfactory condition.
Any claims to faulty workmanship or failure of quality must be raised to KILT at the earliest possibility and KILT have the opportunity to inspect and repair the goods to a quality standard.
There is a "no cancellation” policy as these are made to order garments and it is advised that the company choose carefully.
Any orders not paid for in full by the 20th of the month must be returned to KILT and your deposit will not be refunded.
This privacy statement applies to all information collected by KILT Clothing Ltd.
KILT values our customers and respects your privacy. We recognise the importance of security and the privacy of our customer’s personal information. We have a strict policy when it comes to protecting the privacy of any information submitted to us.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
We only ever collect your personal information directly from you via our website or in our Boutiques when you sign up as a Friend of KILT, if you do not share this information, we may not be able to provide goods or services to you.
We do not collect or store any credit card information. We use the secure Hosted Payment page solution from DPS to process online orders. You can see your cards being authorized in real time, all in an SSL secure environment. The Hosted Payment page enables us to offer you a safe and secure online shopping experience.
Whenever you use our online services, including our applications, cookies and other tracking technologies can be used in various ways, such as making our website work, to analyse traffic, or for advertisement purposes. These technologies are either used by us directly, or by our business partners, including first and third party service providers and advertisers we work with.
How we use this Information
To process your order, including sending you emails to confirm your order status and dispatch
To communicate with you and to send you information by email, snail mail or other means about our products, services and promotions.
To learn more about your shopping experiences and preferences
To improve our products and services
To protect the security or integrity of our business
To contact you if necessary
All emails will always include an ‘unsubscribe’ button. We will not contact you if you have asked us not too.
KILT will not disclose any personal information about you without your consent; unless.
The use or disclosure is required or permitted by law
We believe it necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety or another person or KILT.
We may under certain circumstances share your information among third parties that provide services on our behalf eg, Printers for Birthday Sale Postcards. We do not authorise these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information
To enforce our terms and conditions KILT does not sell or rent out any information provided to us by our customers.
How you can access this Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online by contacting us. To protect your privacy and security we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before releasing this information or making any changes to it.
Should you wish to have any information removed from us at any time you can do this by making contact with us outlining your request.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you change your mind about a garment purchased from KILT Online, it can be returned or exchanged as long as:
• The item/s are returned within 14 days of receiving it/them
• The item/s must be clean and unworn
• All original tags must be attached with proof of purchase
• Sales on Earrings cannot be exchanged or returned due to health regulations
We are also happy to credit or refund the sale.
Garments purchased through KILT Online can also be exchanged at your local boutique. If you wish to have a refund you will need to send your garment back to the Design Room.
If you have an item/s you wish to return or exchange, please complete our Online Boutique Return form here before sending your items/s back. Please note that if you are outside of New Zealand and wish for an exchange item to be sent, a postage fee of NZ$25 will apply for Australia and NZ$35 for the rest of the world.
Easy Returns (NZ Customers Only)
We want you to LOVE the item/s you purchase but if for any reason you're unsure on the item you're purchasing, then at the checkout, you have the option to select a return label to be added to your parcel!
To return your item for a refund or exchange, simply turn your original courier bag inside out, pop your garment/s inside and attached your return label. Then you can either:
• Drop into your local post shop
• Ring Courier Post on 0800 268 743 and push option 2, then 1, then 0 and tell the operator you have a parcel for collection
• Visit the Courier Post website and request a collection online - click here to do this
Sales made using laybuy.com adhere to the above returns policy.
If you change your mind about a garment, it can be exchanged or a credit given in the boutique where it was purchased from, as long as we receive the garment back within 7 days, the garment is clean and unworn, all original tags are attached and proof of purchase supplied. Under no circumstances will we refund the sale.
Sales made using laybuy.com adhere to the above.
Sales on Earrings cannot be exchanged or returned due to health regulations.
Faulty Garments – Online and Boutique
We pride ourselves on providing our customers with original and quality pieces. However, occasionally faulty garments slip through unnoticed. In accordance with the Consumer Guarantee’s Act, when a faulty garment is returned to us, accompanied with a proof of purchase, we will consider repairing or replacing the item within a reasonable amount of time, before choosing to refund the sale.
T’s and C’s
Sale items may not be returned or exchanged unless faulty. All sales of discounted items in our boutiques are final.
The item being refunded will be refunded by the original form of payment.
Shipping costs will not be refunded unless the original item is deemed faulty. Repaired/replacement items will be sent out at our expense.
Items returned for exchange/refund will be processed within 5 working days of being received.
Items deemed faulty will be repaired, replaced or refunded within 10 working days of being received.
Please note that the colour of our products represented on your monitor may differ slightly to the physical item. If you have any concerns regarding this, please contact us to discuss further.
Every effort has been made to portray the colours of our products that appear on this website as accurately as possible. However, because the actual colours you see depend on the monitor you are using, we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display will be completely accurate.
Free shipping on all NZ orders over $200. A flat shipping fee of $5 is added to all orders under $200. No extra charge for rural delivery.
Orders typically ship within a few days, excluding weekends and holidays.
Packages are delivered by NZ Post (actual transit times may be up to 7 days from shipment). A shipping confirmation email will be sent when your order is dispatched.
Items may be sent from different boutique locations around NZ, so you may get more than one shipping confirmation email and more than one package.
All packages must be signed for. If nobody is there to sign for the package, the courier will leave a calling card for you to arrange collection from the depot or agree on a good time for the next delivery.
A shipping confirmation email will be sent when your order is dispatched. All packages must be signed for. If nobody is there to sign for the package, the courier will leave a calling card for you to arrange collection from the depot or agree on a good time for the next delivery.We are not able to deliver to a PO Box address.
Click and Collect
This service is Free and for NZ locations only and excludes our Sale Boutique locations in Tirau and Whanganui.
If your selected item/s are not available at your chosen boutique, they will be sent there on our boutique sending days of Monday and Wednesday.
Your chosen boutique will contact you as soon as your items are ready for collection.
It could take up to four working days for your item to arrive at your chosen boutique if item/s are not already there.
We will keep your order for 3 days for you from the time we first contact you to let you know that your order is ready for collection. Once these 3 days have elapsed, we usually will refund you and return the goods to our stock.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I choose to have some items delivered and collect others in the same order?
No - only one method of delivery can be chosen.
Can someone else collect my shopping for me?
Yes, if they have the order confirmation and a photo ID they will be able to pick up your order.
What ID do you accept?
Acceptable ID types are photo IDs such as a New Zealand driver's licence, Passport or 18+ card.
Australia - A flat shipping fee of NZ$25.00 is added to all Australian orders, no extra charge for rural delivery. Packages are delivered via NZ Post (actual transit times may be up to 10 days from shipment).
Rest of World - For orders of a value less than $300 a flat shipping fee of NZ$35.00 is added. For orders of a value more than $300 a flat shipping fee of NZ$45.00 is added. Neither shipping options are tracked or traceable. Packages are shipped via NZ Post (actual transit times may be up to 10 days from shipment).
t & c’s
All shipping costs are calculated in NZD. All orders are subject to availability. If you have ordered an item that is not available, we will notify you via email or telephone, and you will have the option of choosing a different item or receiving a refund.All online orders are processed and dispatched Monday - Friday (excluding public holidays).
Orders received on weekends and public holidays will be processed the next business day.
On international orders, an import duty, customs fees and local sales taxes (levies) may be charged to you by the destination country’s authorities, depending upon the laws and regulations of that country. All international deliveries are made ‘delivery duties unpaid’ (ddu). As the recipient, you are liable for all levies charged by the destination country you are shipping to. Payment of these levies may be necessary to release your order from customs on arrival.
For all current Terms for NZ Post please visit: https://www.nzpost.co.nz/about-us/who-we-are/terms-of-business/website-terms-conditions/
If items are lost or damaged the cost is covered subject to the consumer guarantees act 1998.
If you need to make a compensation claim for an undelivered item please contact KILT on +64 6 843 0011 or email email@example.com